Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Battle: A Knight's Courage





The Battle: A Knight's Courage

Here I sit upon my throne of gadgets and parts
it seems I am the machine but never shall my heart
These Cold and inhuman machines never control me
Though many lost to adversity strength shall stay me
Hope is my last defense in my body's civil war
This disease, this barricade will break like the shore
I will fight with sword held high with a knight's will to survive
With fortitude and unmarked resolve I'll stay alive

By: Nicolas Valois 1986-2010



       This was written by my son, he was in a wheelchair he had duchenne muscular dystrophy and passed away from complications on April 02, 2010.  He wrote that poem, he was a very strong and funny young man, smile that could light up a room. He did fight with his sword held high until it was time to lay it before our Lord's feet. He is truly loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment