Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

Amazed

I have been neglectful and haven't posted anything in a little while, but I think the events of this past week gave me pause to think about the goodness of humanity. Good versus Evil so to speak.  We had 2 people set off bombs at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing a 8 year old boy, 2 young women and a police officer. Countless others loss limbs many are still in the hospital.  What amazes  me is that some of the marathon runners having just run 26 miles ran a couple miles more to give blood, civilians running into harms way to help others First responders trying to stabilize and get victims to hospitals as quickly as possible and then the Doctors and Nurses and the several nearby hospitals that took care of the injured. The local, state and FBI who worked tirelessly to make sure they could track down the suspects before anyone else could get hurt or killed. The city of Boston who stayed strong through it all and followed the instructions of the police even if it meant staying in doors. I saw a picture in a local paper of a policeman bringing milk to a family who had run out because they were asked to stay inside.  No matter how sickened it made me that something like this happened again, it amazes me and reminds me that there is still a lot of humanity out there, and the City of Boston proved that last week. People still care for others and will put themselves in harms way for others. People will still do kind things for others. I am proud of Boston, they are Boston Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment